Friday, August 16, 2013

Roaming Through The City On Water

Our first stop on our 12 day backpacking adventure was to the uniquely and undeniably beautiful city of Venice. The one thing we were told to do was to get lost, so that's exactly what we did. We wondered through alleyways, along canals, read in parks, visited the biggest and craziest bookstore I have ever seen, and tried not to let the humidity melt us. It set the standards pretty high for the rest of the trip.


















 I am so happy we decided to go to Venice and experience a city unlike any other in the world.

Although I didn't enjoy waking up at 4:30 am to catch our train, but taking a water taxi through the canals as the sun was rising over the sleeping city was one of the most beautiful things I have seen. I decided if I ever move there I will be a taxi driver just so I can drive a little boat around all day. Dream big right? :)

-Ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment