Monday, July 8, 2013

When in Rome (Part 1)















The first out of three days in Rome was completely overwhelming. It was beautiful and fun, but overwhelming. Our guide told us on average there are 4 million people in Rome at any given time. Add on 90 degree weather and it was just a lot to take in. It was hard to enjoy all of the beautiful things we were seeing because all I could focus on were the thousands of people crowded around me looking at the same things. BUT when I did ignore the crowds around me, what I was seeing was amazing.

Thankfully our hotel was a little out of the ways from all of the tourist attractions so we had a chance to get a quiet dinner and go to sleep early, a thing that was not received much this first week in Italy, I would say it was well worth it though.

Aside from all the people, the heat, and the exhaustion, Rome is gorgeous and I am so thankful I got to see the landmarks of the city I have read about for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment