Monday, July 15, 2013

Cinque Terre (Day 2)

All five towns of Cinque Terre are connected by an underground train, or if you're feeling extra adventurous, hiking trails! My friends convinced me to be adventurous and even though half of the time (or maybe more) I felt like I was going to fall of the cliff/have a heart attack/ or cry, I am so happy I did it. It really is unbelievably gorgeous and unlike any place I have ever been. I would go back in a second. 

 We were only able to hike through the last three towns but lucky for us those were the hardest and longest hikes, yay! Also lucky for us, they happened to have the best views. 

 Sentiero-Town 3 ^^^

Somewhere along the way it felt like we were transported to Costa Rica, and I kind of really loved it.



My greatest testiment to Birkenstocks to date. ^^^
Vernazza- Town 4^^^


Monterosso- Town 5^^^ (I was especially happy when I saw this one). 



We were a little bit tired by the time we were done...


 The sun didn't reveal itself at all during out 4 hour adventure and let me tell you, I have never been so happy to see gray skies in my life. Half the time we had a nice combonation of sweat and rain drops on our face but the rain was greatly appreciated (shout out to the man upstairs for that perfect planning).

 After some lunch, drinks (which we felt we absolutely deserved), and one final swim in the ocean, we were back on the train headed to Florence!  I love everyplace we have visited so much but, I equally love how excited I am every time we make our way back home :)

It really was the best of weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment